today we would like to share with you this small tutorial. Author was very kind and let us share this with you. Hope you will enjoy it!
Ever wondered How to create MultiBoot USB ? to install Windows | Linux | Anti-virus Rescue Disks from single USB stick.
I will cover 3 steps in this tutorial.
- Tools Required
- How to Create MultiBoot USB?
Benefits of Multiboot USB
- Freedom – Select between multiple OS’s on boot time. No need to install OS’s one by one from USB as traditional USB boot creator programs like Unetbootin and others limited user to install single OS on a USB at a time.
- Live USB – Most Linux distributions can be tested without installing on system. #LinuxLove
- Persistence – All the commands executed in terminal or files copied/downloaded vanishes when the live OS restarts.
Persistence feature gives the power to hold the data/information on the Live USB even if the system is restarted .
- Rescue Disk – Anti-virus program like Kaspersky, Norton, AVG etc provides bootable ISO file with latest virus definitions that allows a user to rescue their system when critically infected by viruses. In case when system does not boot up , rescue disk is very helpful.
It is download-and-execute program i.e You do not need to install it anyway. Just download and run the file.
you can download latest version of YUMI from their Official site : www.pendrivelinux.com
How to Create MultiBoot USB?
- Start the YUMI program and click “I Agree“.
- Select your USB from the Drop-Down menu.
F:\ (MULTIBOOT) in my case.
- Now click the Drop-Down menu and select “Windows Vista/7/8 Installer” then click browse and select the ISO file.
[ Optional ] – You may also format the drive by selecting the Format checkbox .
- Click next then Yes. Wait for the Process to complete
- When the program completes it will ask you for adding another Distribution i.e Operating System
click “Yes” if you want to add another Operating System
else Click No and Close.
Installing Kali Linux on USB
Step 2: Select the “Kali Linux” from the Drop-Down menu and select your Kali Linux ISO file.
Repeat Step 3 onwards.
NOTE: USB Partition type MUST BE FAT32 . If you are Using multiple OS on USB drive.
If installing only Windows then NTFS Partition will work fine.
Now you have Windows ,Linux and/or Anti-virus Rescue disk on your USB drive.You can boot it on any system.
Simply plug-in your USB ,Re/start the system and set your USB as first Boot priority and install Windows from USB or run Live Linux.
Booting options may differ with different systems(manufacturer)
Hardeep Singh (@rootsh3ll)
Bio: A Security enthusiast, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), founder of rootsh3ll.com, Penetration tester, Python and Linux lover.